Thursday, June 27, 2013

Encouragement All Around


I try to surround myself with like-minded people in my everyday life. For me, this means people who live a life that reflects true Biblical Christianity. I try to have my own life in line with the Bible, day in and day out, and I do admit that I fall short all the time. But, having these like-minded people around me, whether it’s in the flesh or online, proves to be very encouraging. Almost like an accountability check, or an automatic builder-upper.
An apple living in a world of oranges.

Wherever I go, whatever I do, I always keep in mind the other people who believe and follow the Word of God. Surrounded by unbelievers whenever I leave my home, discouragement can sometimes creep in to my heart.

At times, I feel like I’m the only one who even believes God. My parents, grandparents, extended family, and old friends are unbelievers, which makes these tough times feel a little tougher. Getting on the Internet and checking out a God-oriented blog or Twitter profile helps me to know I’m not alone. Living a Godly life is something that others are also trying to achieve.

There really is encouragement all around us. It can be found in God’s word, where we receive our daily soul nourishment, or it can be found when we associate with other true believers. Of course, unceasing prayer and full obedience and submission to God’s word is, in itself, the ultimate encouragement.

For further reading:

Hebrews 3:13
Hebrews 10:25
Ephesians 4:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, let me know what you think!